Sunday, October 2, 2022

the invoice of the SNCF pourrait grimper de plusieurs dizaines à plusieurs centaines de millions d’euros

If the war in Ukraine did not have an impact, it was present on the traffic of the SNCF, it will pourrait well on its results. The railway group is currently the first consumer of industrial electricity in France and is back when confronted with the inflation of the energy markets. Sa subsidiary SNCF Voyageurs, in charge of the transport of passengers, represents 10% of the industrial consumption in France, between 1 and 2% of the total French consumption.

Selon Christophe Fanichet, PDG of SNCF Voyageurs, the preliminary confirmation for the year 2022 is 95% covered with a policy for two years ahead. More impact pourrait was felt by the remaining 5%, with a short spot that had “coûter quelques desizaines de millions d’euros”.

The invoice pourrait will increase well plus sensibly in 2023, with a couverture of l’ordre of 75 to 80%. He surcoût pourrait alors passer de quelques dizaines à quelques centaines de millions d’euros au vu des prix actuales de l’énergie. A review of the strategy of achievement is donc aujourd’hui à l’étude pour déterminer le meilleur moment pour compléter la couverture de 2023. La question devrait être tranchée au second semester de cette année.

The SNCF préoccupée por la faiblesse du voyage d’affaires

Pas de hausse sur le prix des billets

The patron of SNCF Voyageurs affirmed that this inflation of the energy bills has no impact on the price of long distance billets this year. And I indicated that more programs are now working to reduce the consumption sans avoir to reduce the vitesse des trains.

In 2021, the energy consumption of the ensemble of the group represented 16.4 terawatt-hours (TWh), compared to 17.9 TWh before the crisis. In total, the electricity represents around 9 TWh, mainly intended for railway traction. This is the one who has an annual electricity bill for the million euros for the SNCF, which is one of the main posts for external expenses.

Electricité : the production au charbon n’a pas attendu la guerre en Ukraine pour s’envoler

3.5 TWh pour les seouls TGV

Sur ce total, SNCF Voyageurs uses 7 TWh of electricity for tractors on different trains. The TGV are the greatest consumers with the moitié du volume, so long as TER et Transilien represent a quart chacun. The electricity also contributes to more than 87% of the energy used by SNCF voyageurs for rolling materials, the remaining 13% coming from diesel that feeds one part of the TER.

Christophe Fanichet reported to d’ailleurs SNCF’s engagement to sort out diesel by 2035, with new trains for batteries and hydrogen or the use of durable fuels.